Home | Job Postings | Gardening Jobs | Sustainability
Position: Green Roof Maintenance Technician
Employer: Ginkgo Sustainability Inc.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Company Profile — Ginkgo Sustainability is a leading green roof contractor in south-western Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) specializing in institutional, commercial and multi-residential projects. Our high standards attract demanding clients and excellent staff, and our culture fosters pride in workmanship and attention to detail.
Green Roof Maintenance Technician
Job Description and Responsibilities
A Green Roof Maintenance Technician maintains green roofs. The Green Roof Maintenance Technician is expected to:
- distinguish between different plant varieties for weeding and propagation purposes;
- have rudimentary knowledge of biological plant systems for disease and stress identification;
- perform minor repairs to green roof systems when required;
- implement a variety of horticultural practices (weeding, mulching, trimming, fertilizing, etc.) based on site needs;
- evaluate the specific needs of each site and determine action-plans required;
- communicate often and openly about any problems or concerns that arise during maintenance visits to keep management current with the status/health of the managed sites;
- interact with all clients/site supervisors in an affable, respectful, and professional manner, and listen to any concerns or ideas clients have about the state of a site and communicate these concerns to management; and
- fill out daily timesheets and maintenance reports.
Skills and Requirements
The successful applicant will:
- be a mature, reliable, trustworthy, respectful, highly motivated and extremely organized self-starter with strong communication skills who works well independently as well as part of a team;
- have a flexible schedule and be willing to work early and/or extended hours;
- be able to handle repetitive tasks for extended periods of time;
- be physically fit and able to perform heavy-lifting when required;
- have an excellent work ethic, a willingness to learn, and a proficient understanding of computers/technology;
- hold a valid Ontario Driver's Licence with a clean driving record; and,
- be comfortable working at heights.
- Ginkgo Sustainability is a full-weather company; individuals should expect to be at work in all seasonal conditions, depending on the severity.
- Landscaping and/or horticultural experience/training is an asset.
- This position is seasonal (from May to the end of November) with the opportunity for re-hire in future seasons; part-time and full-time seasonal applications are accepted.
Compensation will be determined based on qualifications including experience, training, and education. The starting hourly rate is $19.00.
How to Apply
- Please submit your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- For more information about GINKGO Sustainability, and to view our featured projects, visit our website at http://www.ginkgosustainability.com.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Apr 5 2021