Home | Job Postings | Gardening Jobs | Sustainability
Company: Queen Beez Garden Design
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date posted: July 17, 2020
- Full-time or Casual Labour /Gardener + Property Maintenance
- Seasonal, residential landscaping and plant installation
- Opportunity for long-term growth with Queen Beez Garden Design
- 2020 marks our 10 year Anniversary
- Driver’s license and clean record required, vehicle expenses provided.
- relevant landscaping/horticulture education or equivalent experience/certificate
- Ability to work independently with instruction or social distancing with 1 team member
- Landscaping (soft-scapes) planting+installation services for residential properties
- Proven knowledge of seasonal ornamentals, shrubs, small trees, perennials, general garden tending work
- Knowledge of IPM strategies a plus, wage based on proven knowledge
- Proficient use of mobile for GPS, weed and pest identification, good memory an asset!
- Identify multiple plants for tending, removals, pruning, trimming, edging and amendment techniques ie: formal/informal pruning
- Ability to identify, account for and maintain landscaping tools and machinery
- Provide proper upkeep of property site-lines, walkways, paths, and lawns while re-planting or maintaining
- Have a strong work ethic and manual strength for heavy lifting of products, digging, installing or moving bulk growing media, plant materials or landscaping tools and equipment
- Active listening, asking questions for clarity to provide support to the team
- quality service for plant selection, sourcing or arrangements using critical and/or creative skill sets
- knowledge or experience operating gas-powered tools
Work + Skill Requirements:
- Working outdoors with various weather conditions, rain, sun, and cold temperatures: appropriate clothing required for all-weather
- Appropriate work gear, steel-toe footwear, PPE + tools required: ie: #8 pruners. All work gear must comply with WSIB/CSA safety standards
- Must be willing to travel independently to multiple worksites, using your own vehicle, and facilitate time tracking of projects
- you are reliable, friendly, punctual, approachable with team members and clients
- Current, up-to-date phone technology/communications for tracking site information, GPS travel, logging of work materialÂ
- Concern for others - the job requires the protection of information, safety, and personal property. Responsibility to facilitate integrity.
* You can apply for the position and upload your files directly using our website's employment form: queenbeez.org
* Please include your cover letter with your resume, let us learn about what skills you bring to the job and related experiences.
Wage expectations based on proven experience and knowledge in the Horticultural trades. On the Job training provided in addition to PPE's for outdoor work post-Coronavirus.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jul 19 2020