Home | Job Postings
Position: Development Assistant
Hours: 20 hours / week, possibility of expansion
Organization: The Table Community Food Centre
Location: Perth, Ontario
The Table Community Food Centre is looking for a dynamic individual to support a diverse portfolio of fundraising and communications activities. Working closely with and reporting to the Executive Director, the primary responsibilities of the Development Assistant will include:
- Working closely with Executive Director to develop and implement a fundraising plan and provide regular reports on fundraising progress;
- Executing the annual direct mail program;
- Maintaining accurate donor records in online database for past, current and potential donors;
- Developing database reports to analyze donor patterns and trends;
- Working with finance department to ensure efficient and accurate receipting of donations;
- Managing event logisgics and promotion including an annual signature event, awareness building, cultivation and donor stewardship events;
- Supporting the organizers of third party events benefitting The Table;
- Identifying best strategies to ensure donors experience high-quality interactions with The Table that foster long-term engagement and investment;
- Assisting with communications to donors and supporters.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 2-3 years fundraising experience or other experiences that demonstrate competence and experience in external relations, customer service, communications and strong organizational skills.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in related discipline and/or equivalent work experience;
- Solid understanding of basic fundraising principles and practices;
- Demonstrated data management and database skills;
- Strong communication skills including social media, writing and design;
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal skills;
- A self-starter with excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work with multiple priorities to meet tight deadlines;
- Commitment and passion for food security, health, community development and social justice.
This is a part-time position at 20 hours / week with the possibility of expansion.
Submit your application as a PDF document by April 9th to: Ramsey Hart, Executive Director – The Table Community Food Centre, email@example.com
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Mar 15 2019