Position: Site Porter
Location: Evergreen Brick Works, Toronto, Ontario
(Req #118, Monday, April 25, 2022)
Evergreen Brick Works is a community hub and gathering place; a place to connect with nature and engage in the broad array of programs Evergreen offers. Evergreen is seeking a Site Porter to join our team and assist with the delivery of regular festivals and special events hosted at Evergreen Brick Works. This is a part-time or casual position, with a fluctuating schedule dependent on the number of on-site events. If you thrive on a team-focused environment, then this is the job for you!
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We have worked from coast to coast with governments, neighborhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
The Site Porter is a key role for Evergreen’s venue management, responsible for the setup, teardown, cleaning, and disinfecting of Event/Program spaces before, during, and after the event/program. They occasionally assist the Facility Management Team with other needs pertaining to programming or events on site.
- Support programs, markets and special events, including regular weekend programming, by ensuring the venue, the site, the washrooms and the parking lots are kept safe and clean during and post event or activity
- Monitor and ensure washroom cleanliness during the events/programs
- Disinfect all touchpoints multiple times throughout the event/program to help maintain well-being of guests
- Assemble and move event safety barriers as-needed
- Assist with load-in and load-out of equipment, rentals, and other materials
- Undertake set up of specified venue event formations, tear downs and resets back to standard presentation
- Communicate with Events and Programming staff on a regular basis to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction throughout an event or activity
- Support the Facility Management team with tasks as necessary, including working collaboratively with cleaning staff
- Act as an on-site source of information to help answer any guest or visitor questions or direct them to someone that can assist them
- Represent Evergreen in a professional and courteous manner
- Help ensure that the venue is run in a safe, orderly and disciplined manner in accordance with Evergreen’s policies and Health & Safety requirements
- Help ensure that Evergreen’s energy, water and waste management policies and programs are maintained during the event
- Support the Events, and/or Programming Teams with event execution by contributing to the orderly operations of events
- Contribute to positive workplace culture and great internal communication
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions in an agile way, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Attention to detail: Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details are not missed.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Demonstrate passion and excitement over work. Display a can-do attitude.
- Collaboration. Employ generosity of spirit when working across lines.
You have the following qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in venue operations an asset, but not a requirement. We will train the right candidate!
- Experience in property management, maintenance, security and/or cleaning an asset
- First-aid/CPR certification preferred
- WHIMS training an asset
- Supervised by: Facilities Manager
- This position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works (EBW) in Toronto, and requires on-site presence across EBW
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- CSA approved Safety Shoes/Boots are required
- Some lifting
- Long periods of standing
- Part-time, hourly
Application Close Date: Monday, May 16th, 2022
To apply, visit our Career Page | Site Porter
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.