Home | Job Postings | Nonprofits & Charities
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
Position: Corporate Secretary and Office Administrator
Organization: Toronto-based philanthropic foundation (Environmental focus)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Hours: 3 days a week
- Are you interested in advancing sustainability in Canada through thoughtful and innovative ways?
- Are you an experienced professional looking to work in a small team environment?
- Are you a highly organized problem solver with attention to detail?
Our well-established philanthropic foundation, based in downtown Toronto, is seeking a part-time Corporate Secretary and Office Administrator who answers yes to the questions above. The ideal candidate is someone who cares deeply about the environment, is comfortable with new and evolving technologies, and has 12+ years experience supporting senior executives. If you are looking for a fast paced and rewarding role please apply!
- Prepare board materials including agendas, summary tables, and minutes;
- Coordinate the organization of board meetings and video conference calls, including catering, meeting space logistics, preparation and distribution of supporting materials and follow-up as required;
- Produce, edit, and update reports, including presentation materials, as required;
- Manage office systems, equipment, service contracts, leases, and other office-related matters as required;
- Manage a small office environment including ordering supplies and attending to basic office maintenance, board room set-up and tidying, and light kitchen duties;
- Organize special projects and events as directed (i.e. dinners, social events, speaking engagements) including invitations, catering, audio visual needs, RSVPs, etc.
- Provide scheduling support and make travel arrangements for the President including preparation of quarterly expense reports;
- Handle complex calendar management and anticipate issues to ensure that priority matters are addressed in a timely and efficient fashion;
- Provide day-to-day executive administration support including telephone screening, drafting routine correspondence, photocopying and managing google drive filing;
- Provide briefing materials to the President and other staff in advance of meetings, including drafts of minutes, agendas, reports and updates;
- Review and edit internal and external communications in digital and print formats;
- Prepare correspondence, documents, presentation and other materials as required;
- Significant previous experience working with boards of directors and senior management in a confidential, small office environment;
- Willingness to take control of a wide spectrum of office functions from making coffee to writing confidential briefs;
- Strong project management and planning skills;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy with strict attention to detail;
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, Zoom and Salesforce;
- 12-plus years of senior administrative experience as an Executive Assistant/Office Manager or equivalent in a corporate, consulting, legal, or accounting environment is preferred;
- Non-profit or charitable sector experience is an asset;
- Knowledge, interest and experience in environmental issues is an asset;
- Excellent, above-average oral and written proficiency in English is essential;
- Experience in writing, editing, or other communications.
Applicants interested in this position are invited to forward their resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be evaluated as they are received with interviews beginning in April. The competition will remain open until the position is filled and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Apr 12 2021