Home | Job Postings | Energy Jobs
COMMUNICATIONS & ADMINISTRATION JOBS
Position: Operations Coordinator
Organization: Community Energy Association
Location: anywhere in BC (home office)
Community Energy Association is a member-based, non-profit organization working since 1995 at the community level to reduce emissions, conserve energy and progressively transition to a low carbon, resilient economy. CEA is looking for an operations coordinator to support its management team and general operations. CEA’s Team is quickly growing and now has over 20 staff members.
- Compensation: $45,500 to $55,000 range dependent on experience
- Employment type: Permanent salaried staff (flexible 28 or 35 hours/week)
- Location: Across British Columbia
- Workplace: Home office
We’re Looking for Someone Who:
- Is a team player who contributes to a positive work environment
- Is flexible and adaptable
- Is highly organized and has great attention to detail
- Has the ability to manage a diversity of responsibilities
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has experience in administrative support and project support
- Is interested in climate action and communities
- Ideally has some experience working with a Board or Management Team
- Has some database management and/or Office 365 experience
- Has a degree or diploma in a related field
Apply to HR@Communityenergy.bc.ca by 11:59 pm on October 4th. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those shortlisted for the position. No telephone inquiries, please.
- Send a one-page resume with at least two references.
- Create a short (3 minute or less) video, upload it to YouTube, and send the link. Please test first.
In the video, answer the following questions:
- Why do you want this position
- Why do you think you'd be great for this position
- Any specific training or skill sets you have that are extra valuable in this position.
- Where you think you’d need the most support from the rest of the team in this position
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
The position is responsible for support functions in the following activity areas:
- Executive Assistant Duties
- Organize and manage CEA’s internal systems and operations
- Coordinate Board and Member meeting admin and engagement
- Scheduling and admin support for CEA’s Management Team and Service Area Leads
- Project Support
- Working with project managers to track project timelines, budget, invoices, and contracts
- Coordinate and communicate tasks and roles, as well as schedule meetings for CEA staff and external clients
- Support project managers in narrative and financial reporting to clients/funders, including preparing documents
- Administrative support for CEA’s online and in-person meetings and engagement sessions
- Researching climate and energy topics as needed
- Internal Operations
- Administrative support for Finance, Accounting, HR and Communications Teams
- Support communications team to distribute materials and information online or across internal channels
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Sep 9 2021