Position: Event Coordinator
Contract: July 15, 2019 until April 15th, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC
Event Coordinator Contract for BC Organic Conference 2020
The Certified Organic Associations of BC (COABC) is seeking to contract an experienced event coordinator to work closely with a committee to plan and host a three day conference in February 2020. The COABC Conference provides educational and networking opportunities for new and established organic operators, as well as those keen to learn more about the world of organic farming.
The Contractor shall be responsible for:
Administration, Finances and Communication:
• Scheduling and attending teleconference meetings with the Conference Team
• Budget preparation and record keeping to ensure conference remains within budget
• Assisting in securing grant funds
• Reporting to the COABC Executive Director of Operations throughout the process
• Submitting a final report of the conference to be posted on the COABC website, a final budget and a survey evaluation summary.
• Conference communications, including the conference program booklet, social media promotion, newsletters, advertising, and ensuring that the website is up to date and accurate.
Conference Planning and Programming
• Developing a conference program and including booking seminar speakers, coordinating dignitaries and preparing the MC.
• Organizing tradeshow exhibitors, layout and information packages
• Managing the online registration process
• Coordinating conference information packages
• Coordinating the silent auction
• Proving on-site management of the all conference aspects such as volunteers, daycare coverage, registration, rooms assignments, seminars and meals and audio visual needs
Venue and Food Coordination
• Venue and catering relations including menu creation, food coordination and delivery according to timelines
• Soliciting food donations from the organic community
The Contractor shall possess the following qualifications:
The term of this contract shall be from July 15, 2019 until April 15th, 2020. The contract total is $8100, which will be paid out over the contract duration. The contract also includes an incentive of 10% of a final surplus. There is an opportunity to plan future conferences as well.
Please respond with a cover letter, a resume, and 3 references to:
Deadline for applications –June 20th, 2019.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now. Date posted: Jun 11 2019 ID: 53832