Home | Job Postings | Circular Economy Jobs
Positions: Casual Labourer - Program Development & Delivery
Organization: City of Regina
- Openings: 5
- Location Name: City of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan, CA
- Date Posted: July 27, 2022
- Closing Date: Until filled.
- Profession: Labourers & Equipment Operators
- Experience Level(s): Entry-Level
- Desired Employment Status: Casual
- Education Level(s):
- Job ID: 629
The City of Regina’s Program Development & Delivery Branch is seeking up to five Casual Labourers to work on various waste reduction programs.
- This position assists the Program Development & Delivery Branch with delivery of various waste diversion and lead programs such as Household Hazardous Waste Days, waste audits, in-home water testing and water filter deliveries.
- This position assists at various promotion and education events with residents on the City’s waste, water and recycling programs and services. This can include Farmers Markets, tradeshows, school education programs, the Education Room at the Waste Management Centre for example. The City participates in many events throughout the year.
- This position assists in education and enforcement of the Waste Management Bylaw through the cart tagging process. Cart tags can be issued for incorrect cart contents, cart placement or other bylaw requirements such as overfilled carts.
- There are no guaranteed hours involved with this position. The hours of work for this position are primarily weekends or evenings, or on an as needed basis.
Typical duties include:
- Assist with Household Hazardous Waste Days through collecting material such as chemicals, paint, oil, propane tanks, etc. (unloading vehicles with materials weighing up to 50 lbs)
- Assist with the education and enforcement of the Waste Management Bylaw, specifically the cart management and cart content provisions.
- Support data collection and reporting for the Cartsmart Program and/or other diversion services.
- Provide information to City residents on waste reduction programs such as the Blue Cart recycling program, Household Hazardous Waste Days, Food & Yard waste, backyard composting, etc. at information booths and workshops.
- Perform other duties as required.
- There may be opportunities to pick up shifts within other branches in the Water, Waste & Environment Department.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
- Completion of Grade 12 plus additional post-secondary education. Preference will be given to applicants with education in environmental science, technology, engineering, business administration, or closely related field. Candidates with equivalent education and experience may be considered
- Experience with the public and customer service.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 driver’s license and a vehicle available for work usage.
- Excellent verbal communication skills (required).
- Confidence in working independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and interest in environmental initiatives such as waste diversion would be an asset.
- Must be able and willing to perform work of a physical nature in field environments and inclement conditions.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and/or irregular hours.
- Attend training as required.
- Steel-toed boots required.
- Will be based out of the Waste Management Centre 500N Prince of Wales Drive.
The base salary for this position is $16.92 per hour. However, depending on operational needs, training may be available that leads to work assignments of a higher rate of pay.
City of Regina Careers | Casual Labourer - Program Development & Delivery
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: The above is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Aug 4 2022