ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY & CSR JOBS
Position: Manager, Environmental Services
Organization: Canadian Blood Services
Work location: Ottawa, Toronto, Brampton, Calgary, Halifax, Dartmouth OR Vancouver / anywhere in Canada that holds one of Canada Blood Services major sites
Join Canada’s lifeline!
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Environmental Services to join our Finance & Corporate Services division, as part of the facilities operations and programs team.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Working collaboratively on Environmental, Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility strategic goals
- Leading the continuous improvement of environmental policies, practices and program elements
- Collecting data, creating plans and documenting recommendations for improvement
- Auditing, analyzing and reporting performance to internal and external clients and certification and regulatory bodies
- Writing environmental and sustainability reports and business cases
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with environmental legislation
- Negotiating environmental service agreements and managing associated costs
- Managing and collaborating with all lines of business to further waste reduction, recycling, organics and environmental health
- Completing impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce environmental risks and financial costs
- Promoting and raising awareness, at all levels, of the impact of emerging issues, legislative changes and best practices
- Developing and delivering appropriate learning materials for all staff in environmental matters and corporate social responsibilities
- Acting as a resource and subject matter expert
- Being open to lead or participate in varied projects or initiatives
- Being a department or division representative on committees or working groups
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education from a recognized institute with diploma/degree in environmental sciences with three plus years of experience OR a graduate of a Master’s level Environmental Science program with practical experience
- Previous experience working within an ISO 9000 or GMP environment, preferably within a health care facility, is an asset
- Previous experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) submissions and energy audits, is an asset
- Previous experience with Corporate Social Responsibility reporting, is an asset
Demonstrated Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ability to exercise sound judgement, tact and discretion when dealing with others
- A proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers is essential
- Strong analytical abilities coupled with effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Leadership experience in building consensus on self-directed working groups and teams
- Effective organizational and time management skills, capable of managing multiple tasks, projects, initiatives and competing priorities within short time lines
- Advanced skills with personal computers with preference given to cloud and web-based applications and Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, and Teams
If interested in the position, please apply at:
https://blood.ca/en/careers position #8372
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.