Home | Job Postings | Conservation Jobs
Position: Environmental Projects Intern
Organization: Earthwise Society
Location: Agassiz, BC
Earthwise Society is a not-for-profit environmental education organization with demonstration projects for sustainable land use in Tsawwassen and Agassiz BC. We have an exciting opportunity at our Agassiz location for a project coordinator who is interested in the interrelationships between small scale organic farming and habitat enhancement.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate implementation of Habitat Stewardship initiatives including trail development and habitat restoration.
- Recruit and engage community volunteers for on-site habitat restoration activities including removal of invasive species and planting native plants; provide training and supervision, ensure that safety protocols are followed
- Lead project teams in habitat restoration, trail building and maintenance activities
- Liaise with the community and assist with the implementation of communications plans including attending outreach events; assist with marketing activities and special events
- Develop and deliver on-site educational programs for children and adults
- In consultation with technical team advisors, assist with species monitoring for riparian and wetland restoration sites at Earthwise
- Assist with construction projects such as trail construction, fencing, building repair
- Assist with organic farming operations including field preparation and maintenance, irrigation, composting and harvesting
- Plant and maintain plantings within ecological demonstration gardens featuring native and pollinator plants
- Be responsible for safe tool and equipment use and maintenance and ensure that storage areas are tidy
- Maintain records for on-site activities; obtain and maintain receipts for all inputs and expenses
- Other duties as assigned
- Participation in a post secondary program related to environmental sciences, agriculture, habitat restoration or a similar field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; experience with community outreach and environmental education an asset
- Be self-motivated, flexible; work well independently and in a team environment
- Be physically fit and enjoy working outside in all kinds of weather
- Proven ability in working effectively with volunteers and/or co-workers
- Related project experience
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada
This is a full-time internship position, 35 hours per week, from Feb 1, 2022- Oct. 15, 2022. Weekend and occasional evening work will be required. The wage for this position will be $18/hr.
Please send email and cover letter to email@example.com
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Dec 22 2021