Home | Job Postings
Position: Environmental Educator and Paddleboard Instructor
Organization: Ocean Ambassadors Canada
Location: Vancouver, BC
Ocean Ambassadors Canada is a not-for-profit company that is connecting people with the ocean, providing education on local ecology and ocean health. Throughplace-based education we provide grade 2-8 students in the Lower Mainland with inspiring educational experiences in our on-the-beach programs. Our programs inspire youth to be leaders in social change in their schools and communities.
- Engaging students in a 4 hour outdoor education program (including SUP and beach programs);
- Maintaining a fun and safe environment for participants according to Ocean Camp Guide Training Manual;
- Have a strong understanding and ability to hold conversations about the latest research in ocean conservation and provide an understanding of how climate change is impacting our local marine environment.
- Participate in set-up and take-down of equipment for each program;
- Participate in curriculum development workshops as required;
- Create a safe space for participants to learn and share ideas;
- Use personal experience and unique skill set to share your passion for the ocean.
- Bachelor of Education, Science, Environmental Studies or relevant work experience;
- experience facilitating students in a classroom or outdoor education setting;
- Current Standard First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish productive working relationships with other staff members, teachers and participants.
- Comfortable speaking in public settings
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in stand-up paddling.
- Able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Training Sept 5th and Sept 6th
- Work Term Sept 9th, 2019 – Early November 2019 and the potential to work form March 2020 to November 2020.
- Approximately 4-5 days per week (5 – 8 hrs/day), Monday to Friday.
- $15-19/hour depending on experiences and qualifications.
How to apply!?
Please send your cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references to:
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Aug 9 2019