Home | Job Postings | Conservation Jobs
Position: Intermediate Biologist
Organization: Gitxsan Environmental Services
Location: Hazelton, Northern BC
Join our Team as a Intermediate Biologist in the unparallled beauty of the Gitxsan region
The Intermediate Biologist role is critical in meeting a growing demand for our services in resource protection, management, monitoring and assessment. The work of Gitxsan Environmental Services is dynamic and diverse - typical activities include site monitoring, using traditional knowledge, using measurement systems and tools and collecting data that contributes to successful completion of environmental management projects throughout and outside of the Gitxsan region. We are very open to hiring a Senior Biologist or RPBio who is interested in mentoring our Field Technician team.
- Managing various projects and crew in the field
- Preparing technical reports for project delivery
- Coordinating data management process, ensuring QA/QC process is followed
- Developing standard work procedures for project work and safety
- Assisting with proposal development for clients
- Presenting information to stakeholder groups
- Data collection, using a compass, GPS and maps
- Conducting scopes, fish, wetland, wildlife and health assessments
- Monitoring water quality
- Environmental protection planning and post-construction monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study (Environmental Science, Engineering, or
- Natural sciences including Chemistry, Agrology, Geology, Biology, or related)
- 1 to 4 years of relevant work experience; (transferable experience is considered valuable
- 5+ years of clean and stable career history
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Familiar with the Gitxsan geographic region and terrain;
- Experienced and confident working in the bush in adverse weather conditions
- Strong understanding of Gitxsan culture, traditions and history very beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in environmental and waste water sampling preferred
- Able to identify, define and measure a variety of environmental components, to perform analyses and calculations, and to assist in interpreting results and significance of data
- Proficient using computer to input, manipulate and retrieve data and maintain records
- Preference will be given to individuals with Environmental Mapping training
- Must have good health/fitness level, good vision and hearing
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
Thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviewing will be contacted.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jul 15 2021