GREATER TORONTO AREA JOBS
Position: Environmental Auditor (Forest Products)
Organization: Preferred by Nature
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Preferred by Nature is currently seeking an Environmental Auditor with forest products experience to be based in the Greater Toronto area.
The Environmental Auditor (Forest Products) is directly involved in all aspects of environmental certification assessments and audits including scheduling, project management, customer service, technical guidance, consultant management and quality control.
S/he manages all facets of certification and organization policy compliance while maintaining a high level of professionalism, efficiency and quality of service as measured by client satisfaction and quality/assurance monitoring and reporting metrics, and conformance with the certification standards.
This position is multi-faceted and includes the tasks below:
- Manage the execution of environmental assessments and audits throughout the region against Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) & Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) certification schemes, to include budgeting, service contracts, audit team identification, logistical planning, coordinating contract auditors, report review, and finalizing and approving reports.
- Working as part of the team, serve as primary client contact, lead auditor/auditor, and reviewer for primarily team client assessments and audits.
- Support team on select audits as required.
- Provide regular progress reports on audit timelines, key performance indicators, and fiscal year goal progress to supervisor.
- Develop and provide strong expertise, remain current and highly knowledgeable in standards, policies, and protocols.
- Ensure efficiency, quality control, and adherence to technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under her/his responsibilities.
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients including, but not limited to, providing information about certification, market linkages, guidance on the certification process, marketing, and responding to inquiries relating to supply chain certification.
- In coordination with his/her supervisor and other staff, participate in implementing marketing activities that will increase portfolios, and business plans that increase the overall competitiveness of Preferred by Nature in the marketplace as required.
- Provide input for policy development and technical improvements to the certification system.
- Support the development and launch of new products and services and assist in field testing.
- Manage specific program/responsibilities as required.
- Post-secondary education (college/CEGEP/university) plus two years of professional experience in the forest products sector; OR
- Secondary education (high school) plus four years of professional experience in the forest products sector.
- Strong word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Accountability for individual and team actions and goals.
- Initiative: recognize and create opportunities and act accordingly with a results-oriented mindset, take direct action to attain or exceed objectives.
- Adaptability: remaining flexible and functional in changing circumstances.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (overnight travel will be required at times).
- Knowledge of FSC, SFI, PEFC and/or other forestry, supply chain and/or sustainability certifications a plus.
- French fluency is a plus.
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to Manager, Supply Chains
- Working location: Home based, remote office (Greater Toronto area)
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by October 15, 2021, via the Preferred by Nature website: https://preferredbynature.org/about-us/careers
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact: Rachel Richmond - Manager, Supply Chains - firstname.lastname@example.org