Housed at Kanaka Bar Band, the Entrepreneurship Program Coordinator (EPC) will be a key member of the team focused on the delivery of the pilot of “Reaching Our Potential” 2022 Kanaka Bar Entrepreneurship Program and other initiatives thereafter, geared towards business and individual support services to inspire a culture of entrepreneurship at Kanaka Bar. This position works in partnership with Kanaka Bar leadership and management, Entrepreneurship Program Project Team (including outside consultants), Entrepreneurship Program Instructors, Guest Speakers and Business Mentors who are responsible for the delivery of individual business support services (e.g. business coaching and support services). This position (EPC) is the lead on all program coordination, event arrangement, workshops, training, funding administering, partnership agreements, and grant applications relating to the operation of Kanaka Bar Entrepreneurship Program. The focus and mandate of the “Reaching Our Potential” program is to support community members (on and off reserve) who are interested in pursuing independent business ownership, both in getting them the training needed as well as assisting with securing funding start a business.
The Entrepreneurship Program is also part of a larger effort to rebuild the economy and resilience of Lytton and the Fraser Canyon region. By becoming Kanaka Bar team member, you are contributing to the overall recovery and rebuild effort. We understand that due to the wildfires, finding accommodations can be challenging. If you are an applicant needing assistance with accommodation, please mention this in your cover letter.
This will be a full-time position at Kanaka Bar from Monday to Friday. For more information on the community, please review the rest of our website at: http://www.kanakabarband.ca/
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operational and administrative day-to-day coordination and assistance of the Entrepreneurship Program.
2. Fostering a strong partnership with relevant: partners (educational institutions, grant funding agencies, independent instructors, business mentors); Project Team members including a range of outside consultants; Kanaka Bar Engagement Coordinator; funding partners including but not limited to Kanaka Bar Trust administrators and banks.
3. Preparing reports for internal use and external funder and partner reporting requirements, including budgets and performance outcomes.
4. Preparing funding applications in consultation with Project Team for future initiatives and projects relating to Entrepreneurship for Kanaka Bar
5. Providing support services and administrative duties as required.
This will be a full-time employment position based out of the Kanaka Bar’s Band Office. Compensation will consider both the qualification and experience of the applicant. Canada Labor Code provisions will govern where applicable.
All qualified and interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted to participate in the interview process. Starting date could be as early as possible.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now. Date posted: Nov 1 2021 ID: 61749