ENERGY EFFICIENCY SERVICES
Position: Energy Coach and Client Services Representative
Employer: City Green Solutions
Location: Downtown Victoria, BC
Posting date: June 10, 2021
Closing date: Until Filled
About City Green
City Green Solutions is an enterprising non-profit organization with a mission to excite, inspire and lead British Columbians in finding energy and GHG reduction solutions. We provide home energy efficiency evaluations; energy efficiency program design; education and training services; and research and strategy development for the reduction of building energy consumption.
This is an entry-level position with extensive training and will assist with various tasks to support City Green’s home and business services and programs, including but not limited to:
- Providing support for City Green’s energy efficiency services
- Providing primary client services phone and email support for City Green’s programs
- Researching and developing energy efficiency outreach and engagement materials
- Supporting City Green’s technical support, program coordination, and communications staff as needed
- Assisting with multiple tasks, including data entry, filing, and other administrative tasks as needed
Qualifications (Skills, Experience, Personality)
- Priority will be provided to applicants with demonstrable fluency (written and oral) in one or more of the following languages: Cantonese, Mandarin, Farsi, Punjabi, or French
- Client services and/or office experience is a strong asset
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and telephone). Strong writing skills are an asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Priority will be provided to individuals who are located in Victoria or with the plan to move to Victoria
- Willingness to spend a large percentage of working time on the phone or email providing outstanding client services
- Good listening skills and a high tolerance for interruptions and multi-tasking
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Diploma/degree in relevant field or combination of relevant experience is an asset but not required; on-the-job training is provided
- Ability and interest to learn building science, the basics of the EnerGuide rating system, and the nuances of energy efficiency rebate and incentive program terms and conditions. Ability to explain complex details to consumers and industry in straight forward language
- Interest in advancing building energy and GHG reduction solutions a requirement. A passion for this is an asset
- Personal and professional fit with City Green’s vision and mission
- Being flexible and motivated is a requirement
- This position is an in-office position.
- Ability to be self-directed, think-on-your-feet, teach yourself how to complete tasks and address challenges and issues as they arise
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and/or experience with energy efficiency, building construction, and/or building science is an asset
- Experience with MS office suite
- Strong MS excel skills strongly encouraged
- Experience with Adobe design software an asset
- A good sense of humour is appreciated
- Willingness to make a multiple year commitment to the job.
- Interest in growing a career in home and building energy efficiency is a strong asset
- Start Date: As soon as the right candidate is available
- Hours: Full time. Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm
- Compensation: $18/hour starting compensation
- Location: Downtown Victoria office, close to public transit and indoor and outdoor bike lock-up
- This position requires to work in our Downtown Victoria office. COVID-19 precautionary measures are in place.
- Training: Substantial job training is provided (and for this reason we are looking for individuals willing to make a multiple year commitment)
- Probation period: 3 months; comprehensive benefits program available after 3 months
- Work Environment: City Green offers a casual and flexible (but fast paced) work environment and an opportunity to help shape and grow a dynamic energy/GHG reduction focused social enterprise
Qualified candidates can submit cover letter and resume (in one PDF attachment) via email to email@example.com . Early applications are encouraged and prioritized. While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or walk-in applications, please.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
For information on current programs City Green delivers, or is a partner for program delivery, see: