Position: Manager, Gas Utilities
Location: Toronto/Etobicoke, Ontario (near Bloor & Islington)
GreenSaver is Ontario’s leading not-for-profit energy-efficiency organization. For over 25 years, we've delivered energy conservation programs for utilities, agencies and governmental bodies, assisting homeowners and businesses across Ontario to reduce their energy and carbon footprint.
Full Time, Temporary – Maternity Leave Coverage
Reporting To: Vice President, Program Management, Design & Customer Service
The Gas Utilities Manager manages the delivery of the DSM conservation programs for gas utilities in Ontario, with direct responsibilities for success of the Gas Utilities Programs and Team. Furthermore, the Manager continuously investigates and implements enhancements in efficiency and client service with a core objective to provide program monitoring, accurate reporting and insightful recommendations.
- Leads weekly/biweekly progress meetings with clients, reporting on performance against utility targets, and maintaining positive client relationships fostering collaboration and performance.
- Creates and delivers periodic program reports including weekly updates and client led updates
- Direct and assist Program Coordinators in maintaining superior client engagement and support
- Monitors program performance to ensure attainment of targets (internal and external) and efficient use of resources
- Prepares and submits program forecasts, budgets, and KPI tracking
- Leverages relationships with other GS departments to work together towards a common objective; recommending program performance enhancements where applicable
- Alerts senior management to issues affecting the programs
- Collaborates on program design, defining required processes and steps
- Cooperates in launching new programs by testing procedures and tools
- Provide recommendations to improve processes to maximize outputs and efficiency
- Support the development and implementation of improvement initiatives
- Undertakes special projects within GreenSaver to support ongoing program performance and improvements
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position
- Other duties as assigned by the VP, Program Management, Design & Customer Service
Reporting, Invoicing, and Analysis
- Directs and reviews reporting and invoicing for HWP programs, working with coordinators to ensure timeliness and accuracy of procedures.
- Regular monitoring, management and reporting of program delivery
- Communicate program results and delivery recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Lead operational roll-out of processes, logistics and CRM database
- Input, manage and continuously improve client database
Management and Team Building
- Train and supervise Gas Utilities Team of Coordinators and Analysts
- Coach team members to foster skill progression, effective team-work and improved results
- Offer recommendations with respect to program issues concerning Gas programs
- University degree in a technical field or equivalent education/industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressive project and personnel management experience
- Good understanding of and experience working with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to the power and utilities industries
- Experience with DSM or CDM work is a definite asset
- Experience in remote management with demonstrated leadership qualities
- Excellent organizational skills; excellent oral communication skills; excellent written communication skills
- Superior team building and coaching abilities, both as a leader and a team member
Competitive salary and full company benefits are available for the right candidate.
Please email your resume and (optional) cover letter to:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.