Home | Job Postings
CALGARY & OTTAWA JOBS
Position: Senior Advisor
Organization: The Transition Accelerator
Location: Calgary or Ottawa preferred
The Transition Accelerator is a new organization that fosters and drives transitions to novel system configurations that provide multiple, superior, business and societal outcomes including emissions reductions. The Accelerator’s initial priorities are advancing Canada’s Hydrogen Economy, Electrification and Grid Integration, Personal Mobility, and Decarbonizing Buildings.
The Accelerator is seeking a full-time Senior Advisor to support the CEO. The Senior Advisor will be responsible for:
- developing and managing strategic relationships across the country including with funders,
- responding to third-party requests,
- leading strategic planning, budgeting, and reporting,
- and providing proactive advice and recommendations to the CEO.
Candidates for this position must reflect the values of The Transition Accelerator. These values include:
- Embracing a positive and forward-thinking attitude;
- Working collaboratively with diverse, and sometimes opposed, views;
- Grounding all work in evidence-based research;
- Embracing a multi-disciplinary and pluralistic approach;
- Focusing on innovation over the status-quo.
Experience, Qualifications and Personal Traits
- Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 10 years related work experience;
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills including demonstrated ability to write high quality reports and proposals;
- Experience developing and managing budgets;
- Experience leading strategic planning processes;
- Experience forging partnerships with industry, academia, governments, and non-governmental organizations;
- Experience with organizations whose governance involves multiple stakeholders, often with differing priorities and needs;
- Takes responsibility and initiative, and likes to be held accountable for results;
- A well-organized individual, comfortable with trouble shooting problems and handling multiple work streams;
- Proficiency with the Office suite of computer software;
- Comfort managing remote processes and teams;
- Experience and interest in systems thinking;
- Proficiency in English required with French bilingual candidates strongly preferred.
- Develop and manage budgets and financial reporting;
- Lead and manage the organization’s strategic planning process;
- Manage some fundraising, including fostering potential funding relationships, identifying opportunities, writing proposals and completing all reporting required under existing and new funding agreements;
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with stakeholders;
- Assess and respond to 3rd party information requests in a professional and timely manner;
- Develop content and engagement tools (e.g. questionnaires, presentations, webinars and/or backgrounders) tailored to targeted audiences;
- Provide proactive advice and recommendations to the CEO;
- Other duties required by the CEO.
Location and Travel
- Work will be conducted in a mix of virtual and physical environments. The Accelerator is a pan-Canadian organization headquartered in Calgary. Calgary and Ottawa are preferred, but not mandatory, home location for the successful candidate.
- This is a full-time position requiring some travel.
Applicants interested in this position are invited to forward their resume and short cover letter to email@example.com .
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Nov 19 2020