Home | Job Postings | Education Jobs
Position: Forest Preschool
Organization: Les Arterres
Location: Wakefield, Quebec, near Ottawa/ Gatineau
Les Arterres’ Forest Preschool operates on a homestead North of the Wakefield village, 30 minutes from Ottawa in the Gatineau Hills. Our approachweaves creative arts and nature immersion to offer a safe space for kids to explore, play to learn, and express themselves as they discover who they are and the world around them.
Start Date: September 2021
Hours: 30 hours/week
Pay: commesurate with experience and includes accomodation on site.
$1400-$2000 per month.
- Early Childhood Education diploma, or Bachelor of Education degree (elementary) or Forest School certification, or successful completion of our Earth Roots Apprenticeship, or equivalent experience
- Current First Aid with CPR-C (or able to complete prior to start date)
- Clear criminal record check, vulnerable sector check and social development check
- Experience working with young children and experience working in an outdoor setting
- Physically capable of performing teaching duties with enthusiasm regardless of the weather (rain, sleet, snow, heat) including the ability to walk distances and over uneven terrain, carry a backpack and supplies
- Interest in the Nature-based cultural mentorship (Coyote Mentoring inspired from the Wilderness Awareness School/8 Shields Institute), Waldorf, Reggio Emilia, or Waldkindergarten approaches to early childhood education, and an appreciation for emergent learning philosophies
- Understanding of the benefits of risk taking, movement, and physical development in the early years
- Familiarity with the local flora and fauna, to include poisonous plants and their location, or be willing to seek outside training or self-study
- Interest in learning about and improving upon your outdoor skills including knots, shelter building, self-care/appropriate clothing, leave-no-trace practices and interacting with local wildlife
- Ensure the safety of all children including, but not limited to, forest play, hiking, climbing trees or while in close proximity to such things as standing water, streams and other terrain
- Daily preparation of learning areas and materials
- Responsible for the maintenance of program tools and equipment
- Working closely with co-teacher to plan, prepare, and co-create seasonal activities and projects utilizing natural materials, locally foraged or sourced
- Implement mentorship strategies that are individually focused and age appropriate, with an emphasis on compassion and respect
- Willingness to attend staff trainings, educator meetings, parent meetings and Les Arterres events
- Communicate with parents effectively, in person, by phone, or e-mail regarding the program and the progress of their child or children
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Mar 29 2021