Hiring: Client Services Representative
Organization: City Green Solutions
Location: Downtown Victoria, BC
About City Green
City Green Solutions is an enterprising non-profit organization with a mission to excite, inspire and lead British Columbians in finding energy and GHG reduction solutions. We provide EnerGuide home evaluations, design and deliver energy efficiency programs, offer education and training services, and research and strategize development to achieve energy consumption reduction in buildings.
We are hiring a new Client Services Representative to join our team in our downtown office in Victoria, BC. This position focuses on achieving climate action goals through education, support, and outreach. Applicants must be comfortable with phone call and email-based communication on a regular basis. The successful candidate will primarily provide administrative and client services support to our ERS and program delivery teams.
This is the perfect entry-level position for recent graduates and individuals seeking to start a dynamic career in the sustainability and energy efficiency sector.
Our tight-knit team’s tasks include but are not limited to:
- Providing client services (including phone and email support) for City Green’s programs
- Assisting with multiple tasks, including data entry, filing, and other administrative tasks as needed
- Providing support for City Green’s energy efficiency services
- Supporting City Green’s technical support, program coordination, and communications staff on innovative programs advancing residential energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction programs in BC
- Researching and developing energy efficiency outreach and engagement materials
Qualifications (Skills, Experience, Personality)
- Ability to spend a large percentage of working time on the phone or email providing support to homeowners and supporting contractors.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Good listening skills and a high tolerance for interruptions and multi-tasking.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be self-directed, think-on-your-feet, teach yourself how to complete tasks and address challenges and issues as they arise.
- Priority given to individuals who are located in Victoria or with the plan to move to Victoria.
- Diploma/degree in relevant field or combination of relevant experience is an asset but not required.
- Client services and/or office experience is a strong asset.
- Willingness to make a multiple year commitment to the job.
- Aptitude and interest to learn building science, the basics of the EnerGuide rating system, and the nuances of energy efficiency rebate and incentive program terms and conditions.
- Ability to explain complex details to consumers and industry stakeholders in common language.
- Knowledge and/or experience with energy efficiency, building construction, and/or building science is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and telephone). Strong writing skills are an asset.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- Interest in advancing building energy and GHG reduction solutions a requirement; a passion for this is an asset.
- Personal and professional fit with City Green’s vision and mission.
- Being flexible and motivated is a requirement.
- Experience with MS office suite; strong MS Excel skills considered a strong asset.
- Experience with Adobe design software is an asset.
- A good sense of humour is appreciated.
- Start Date: Late-June
- Hours: Full time. Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm
- Compensation: $20/hour starting compensation
- Location: Downtown Victoria office, close to public transit and indoor and outdoor bike lock-up. This position requires that you work in our Downtown Victoria office.
- Training: Substantial job training is provided (for this reason we are looking for individuals willing to make a multiple year commitment)
- Probation Period: 3 months; comprehensive benefits program available after 3 months
- Work Environment: City Green offers a casual and flexible (but fast paced) work environment and an opportunity to help shape and grow a dynamic energy/GHG reduction focused social enterprise
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can submit cover letter and resume (in one PDF attachment) via email to email@example.com by June 2, 2023. Early applications are encouraged and prioritized.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
- While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.No phone calls or walk-in applications, please.
- City Green is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or nature of disability. Please feel free to self-identify in your application if you would like to.
For information on current programs City Green delivers, or is a partner for program delivery, see http://www.citygreen.ca/projects and: