Position: Retrofit Supervisor
Location: Toronto, Ontario
GreenSaver is Ontario’s oldest and leading not-for-profit energy efficiency organization. For over 25 years, we've delivered energy conservation programs for utilities, agencies and Government, assisting homeowners and businesses across Ontario to reduce their energy and environmental footprint. We deliver saveONenergy programs for nearly 50 Ontario electric and gas utilities.
Full time / Permanent
Reporting To: Project Manager, Retrofit Installation and Insulation
The Retrofit Supervisor is responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks and activities of the Retrofit Crews, including general categories of health and safety, project organization, materials and logistics and providing support, guidance, and direction to staff ensuring Retrofit Projects are completed in a safe, organized and efficient manner.
- Ensures all crew members submit daily time worked reports, entering crew clock in and out times into excel time sheet
- Ensures a printed copy of time sheet is submitted to Accounting each Monday
- Adjusts the project schedule as required if there is a change required due to an unplanned shortage of staff, materials, or equipment
- Communicates these changes to the client, Project Manager, Sales Person, Project Coordinator in a timely and effective manner
- It is expected the Retrofit Supervisor will work closely with the Project Manager and Project Coordinator to provide input in resolving scheduling conflicts as they arise
- Ensures assembled project information packages are complete, including printing missing sheets (Work order, crew tracking, existing issues, CUFCA) and material estimates if required
- Ensures crews have the appropriate project paperwork for the day and are prepared to complete the required tasks in a safe and efficient manner, including having appropriate skills, credentials, materials and equipment to complete the assigned tasks
- Works with Project Coordinator to ensure all employees have appropriate certifications.
- Provides support to crews, on-site, by providing guidance, problem solving, feedback, direction via in-person or mobile communication as required including addressing potential Health and Safety hazards as identified by staff
- Updates the Project Manager and / or Sales Person, Project Coordinator regarding any on-site issues, circumstances that may arise and impact the project schedule negatively or positively as necessary
- Works with the Project Manager to ensure projects receive post-installation site visits, to ensure crew has performed proper installation according to the workplan
- Provides training new hires, and ongoing training to all Retrofit Staff and implementing process improvements to improve efficiency, staff satisfaction and the client experience
- Follows up with crew regarding truck, machinery/tool issues, ensuring these issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensures shop and truck are kept at an appropriate cleanliness level, ensure all work areas are organized and clean
- Checks inventory levels of materials and tools daily, including cellulose, spray foam, slow rise kits and all other materials stored at GreenSaver
- Makes requests and purchases any new equipment for crews or shop supplies
- Works with the Project Coordinator to ensure POs are created on GIBS for all new purchases
- Counts and stores material deliveries, ensuring paperwork is properly stored and organized
- Work with crew to ensure receipt for all material and fuel receipts are properly stored and organized
- Works with Project Coordinator to ensure all vehicles and equipment are properly maintained to the required schedules and arranging for service appointments as appropriate to the project schedule
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supervising installation crews
- Valid G Class Ontario Drivers License
- Must provide Drivers Abstract and Insurance History
- Effective written and oral communication skills (ability to speak, read and write English)
- Knowledge and experience working with insulation is a strong asset
- Criminal Background Check (to be completed by Greensaver)
Competitive salary and full company benefits are available for the right candidate.
Please email your resume and (optional) cover letter to:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.