Home | Job Postings
Position: Working Site Supervisor
Organization: Fourth Pig Green & Natural Construction
Location: GTA, Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara Region, Ontario
Wage range: $28-35/hour
- Manage the day-to-day site operations for construction projects
- Coordinate, manage and schedule sub trades and company labourers
- Finish carpentry, framing and other construction skills related to renovations, additions and new builds
- Report daily project progress to Project manager
- Other duties as required
- Have 5+ years’ experience as a construction site supervisor
- Have 10+ years construction site experience, with strong skills in framing, finish carpentry, and experience in renovations and additions, experience in natural building, and passive house an asset
- Comfortable reading and interpreting floor plans and blueprints
- Strong ability to manage budgets, schedules and subtrades
- Knowledge of the current Ontario Building Code as it applies to residential low-rise and light-commercial construction
- Strong verbal communication skills, additional languages an asset
- Highly organized
- Fall protection, WHMIS and first aid training. Additional related training an asset
- Own a full compliment of tools
- Posses a valid Class G driver’s license with insurance
- Posses a reliable vehicle, (possession of a vehicle capable of moving large materials, such as lumber)
- Possess a personal computer in good working condition with internet access
- Knowledge of common computer software
- Knowledge of and experience in green and natural building techniques and products an asset
- Experience and knowledge of Passive House techniques is an asset
Physical ability requirements:
- Work an 8 hour day of physical labour
- Work inside and outside
- Ability to lift 50lb over a sustained period of time
- Ability to safely carry out a full slate of physical demands throughout a work day of construction such as climbing ladders and scaffold, reaching and lifting overhead, shoveling
How to apply
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com Your cover letter should include a statement of your environmental interest/experience. The Fourth Pig offers competitive wages commensurate with experience/expertise. Please include your wage expectations. Please include the job title (or titles) in your subject line and please no calls.
This is a rolling call for positions and they will be filled ASAP.
Workers in the Fourth Pig may be eligible to become worker-owners after a period of work. The Fourth Pig encourages members of equity seeking groups to apply. We are an LGBTQ positive environment.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
GoodWork ID: 42878
Date posted to GoodWork.ca: Oct 19 2017