Home | Job Postings
Position: Communications Coordinator
Organization: Island Nature Trust
Location: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Island Nature Trust’s Communications Coordinator will establish and execute a communications strategy in concert with a committee of the Board of Directors and staff at the Trust. The coordinator will facilitate widespread awareness of Island Nature Trust with an aim to better inform residents and supporters of the Trust’s activities and achievements. An expected secondary product of that awareness would be augmented donations, revenues and gifts of property.
The Communications Coordinator will be in charge of coordinating the production of high-quality content for all formats and channels that engage donors, members and stakeholders, and builds recognition of Island Nature Trust’s important role in protecting PEI’s natural areas.
The coordinator will report to the Executive Director; this is a new position in the organization, and the coordinator will have the opportunity to develop the strategy from the ground up.
- Work with the board to develop and implement an effective communication strategy that builds brand awareness.
- Working with the Trust team, communicate regularly via email newsletter with all types of Trust supporters including members, donors, and volunteers.
- Manage Customer Relationship software for Trust.
- Create content and manage engagement for all social media channels.
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all marketing materials.
- Generate news releases and press conferences as required and manage media relations.
- Work with the Nature Trust team to generate new communications and fundraising ideas and strategies.
- Manage the design and production of fundraising material.
- Lead publicity and communications for launches, events, and promotions; support in the organization of special events.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
- Support and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Support and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Publisher and Sumac
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Experience working or volunteering with non-profit conservation organizations would be considered an asset as well as a personal interest in PEI’s natural environment.
Terms of Employment:
- Initially a full-time contract to March 31, 2020 with intent to develop into a full-time permanent position
- $17/hr & 40 hr/week to start
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Nov 8 2019