Home | Job Postings | Summer Jobs
CHILLIWACK & AGASSIZ JOBS
Position: Environmental Program Coordinator Assistant
Type: age 30 & under / summer
Employer: Earthwise Society
Location: Agassiz, near Chilliwack, Lower Mainland BC
Earthwise Society is a not for profit, charitable organization that has been a leader in community-based environmental education for over 30 years.
The Society runs demonstration projects for sustainable land use in Tsawwassen and Agassiz BC. We have an exciting opportunity at our Agassiz location for an articulate and energetic individual who is passionate about habitat restoration and the environment and wants to make a personal contribution towards sustainability. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Habitat Projects Assistant will be responsible for the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with implementation of Habitat Stewardship initiatives including trail development and habitat restoration.
- Work with community volunteers for on-site habitat restoration activities including removal of invasive species and planting native plants; provide training and supervision, ensure that safety protocols are followed
- Assist with the implementation of outreach plans including attending community events and helping with marketing activities
- Deliver on-site educational programs for children and adults related to habitat initiatives
- In consultation with technical team advisors, participate in species monitoring for riparian and wetland restoration sites
- Assist with construction projects such as trail construction, fencing, building repair
- As part of a team, assist with farming operations including field preparation and maintenance, irrigation, composting and harvesting
- As part of a team, help with maintenance of plantings within ecological demonstration gardens
- Be responsible for safe tool and equipment use and maintenance and ensure that storage areas are tidy
- Other duties as assigned
- Participation in a post secondary program related to environmental sciences, agriculture, habitat restoration or a similar field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; experience with community outreach and environmental education an asset
- Be self-motivated, flexible; work well independently and in a team environment
- Be physically fit and enjoy working outside in all kinds of weather
- Proven ability in working effectively with volunteers and/or co-workers
- Related project experience
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident (Service Canada requirement)
This is a temporary position, lasting 8-weeks with the possibility of extension. Weekend work will be required. The wage for this position will be $15.65/hr.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jun 9 2022