Home | Job Postings | Local Food Jobs
CULINARY, KITCHEN & GARDEN CENTRE JOBS
Position: Cowichan Agricultural Food Innovation Hub - Supervisor
Organization: Cowichan Green Community
Location: Duncan, BC
Overview: This position will report directly to the Project Manager and is responsible for the Supervision of the JCP (Job Creation Partnership), Food Hub project. This position will oversee all the activities related to the project and will be a full-time, contract staff position.
Duties: This position will be accountable for the following:
- Oversee all deliverables including reviewing the project timeline and budget
- Find and hire 6 participants alongside the Manager
- Oversee the supervision of all participants including reviewing individual work plans
- Manage the participants and providing ongoing feedback
- Conduct weekly meetings with the team to ensure the project is on-track
- Review the marketing and promotion of the project, including public engagement
- Organize and deliver any events and workshops
- Approve the implementation of project
- Engage with volunteers and school groups
- Complete funder reporting
- Approve the project budget including overseeing the preparation of:
- monthly reporting
- expenditure tracking
- invoice and payment processing
- final report
- Communicate clearly with participants, Manager, General Manager, consultant, steering committee, and other staff.
- Keep the Manager fully informed on the status of the project deliverables.
- Design and/or update all marketing materials including:
- Web page updates
- Media Releases
- Set up a marketing strategy with timelines consistent with program deliverables.
- Perform other duties as required by the Manager.
Experience and Knowledge:
- A valid BC driver's license is required.
- Extensive skills and knowledge in culinary, and kitchen management as well as community engagement, value-added processing, food skills, etc.
- Skills and knowledge required for garden centre management; including greenhouse management, crop planning, seed collection, maintaining plants, and harvesting.
- Experience with gardening tools, including BCS use, as well as other farm tools.
- Knowledge of herbal medicine is an asset.
- Post-secondary graduate.
- Strong management skills
- Strong marketing and small business skills and experience.
- Proven facilitation, communication, and workshop leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, Zoom, Google Drive. and the Internet.
- Two or more years of work at a community non-profit organization.
Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Relationship Building: Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the program.
- Communication: Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develops new and unique ways to promote the program and engage community.
- Volunteer Supervision: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to engage and inspire volunteers to assist with programs.
- Organizational Skills: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and tracks details, data, information and activities.
- Problem Solving: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations to the Manager and/or resolves the problem.
- This employee will work in an office, garden centre, and kitchen environments as well as outside at project locations.
- This employee will work on a full-time basis for the duration of the contract – estimated to be April 2021 - March 2022
Expected start date: April / as soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 per hour
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Mar 31 2021