Home | Job Postings | Education Jobs
Position: Bi-Lingual - Green Schools Engagement Officer
Organization: Thinkwell Shift - Green Schools
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
About the Company
Thinkwell Shift (“Shift”) is a behavior change company that specializes in resource conservation. We create strategies that encourage people to make lasting changes in their daily lives to conserve resources such as water, energy, and waste. In order to facilitate behaviour change, we connect with customers using various tactics to guide their path.
Shift is looking for a bilingual Engagement Officer located in the Halifax region who enjoys working with youth and forging relationships.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Deliver the Green Schools NS program for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Prepare, schedule, and deliver presentations and activities about energy and energy efficiency both in person and remotely.
- Provide engagements in schools and community settings to various ages including adults.
- Communicate program offerings, goals, and resources to new and returning schools.
- Work to actively engage with new schools and also ensure continuity of engagement with schools that enrolled previously.
- Forge, maintain, and strengthen relationships with school communities (students, teachers, administrators, parents), program partners, and other stakeholders.
- Provide on-the-ground support and mentorship to program participants throughout the school year.
- Participate in meetings and training as required.
- Participate in the identification, creation, and dissemination of program stories through social media and website content, including photographs.
- Seize all relevant opportunities to build, support, and create excitement for the program.
- Help conduct surveys and other evaluation methods.
- Maintain accurate work time and expense records and submit receipts in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in the Green Schools NS database.
- Maintain toolkit inventory.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Environmental Studies, or a related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Strong spoken, written, and listening communication skills.
- Experience working with Mi’kmaw communities an asset
- Experience working with children and youth (elementary, junior, and/or senior high school students) in a school setting and/or programming capacity.
- Strong skills in taking initiative, time management, priority setting, organization, planning, attention to detail, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Skills related to working with children and youth include: strong enthusiasm, ability to manage groups, ability to inspire, motivate and gain trust, creativity, leadership, imagination and adaptability.
- Knowledge of energy issues and energy efficiency is considered an asset.
- Experience delivering youth programs with an environmental focus would be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural and diverse environment.
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver's License, access to a safe and reliable vehicle, and willingness to travel throughout the city or province as required.
- A criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector check, will be required before beginning work in schools.
- Knowledge of the Nova Scotia school system and/or curriculum outcomes and lesson plan development would be considered an asset.
- Personal commitment to leading a sustainable lifestyle and expertise in environmental science would be an asset.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jul 15 2021