ARBORIST / ARBORICULTURE
Position: Lead Climber
Company: Heritage Tree Care Inc.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Heritage Tree Care Inc is a thriving, experienced, and well-regarded tree service based in Toronto’s downtown west end, operating since 2006.
HTC inc. is enjoying solid growth in all areas of tree care operations and is looking for lead climbers to join our team. We have a progressive workplace culture, offer a flexible schedule, full-time with competitive pay, benefits, and room to grow and expand the role in the company.
Lead Climber/Crew Leader
$27.50 - $35 based on experience and proven on-site skill level/motivation
The ideal candidate will have;
- At least 3 years of climbing experience.
- Be a highly skilled professional in the safe maintenance and management of trees of all sizes and species in a wide range of conditions (dead, dying, storm damaged and hazardous) and to work in all manner of environments with high-risk target zones.
- Be capable of performing physically demanding manual labor in a variety of weather conditions.
- Be ready, willing, and able to perform any sized tree removal on a regular basis.
- Safely operate and maintain chainsaws, chippers, stump grinders, mini skid steer, and other necessary equipment.
- Have a diploma in arboriculture or are ISA/TCIA Certified
- Be able to carry out all aspects of aerial tree care operations and conform to Ontario & ISA industry standards & Arborist best work practices.
- Be able to carefully and accurately follow detailed job directives, delegate to crew members, and execute them with the highest standard of quality;
- Help create and maintain a positive atmosphere and productive team environment.
- Complete work efficiently with excellent time management and on-site problem-solving skills;
- Have a serious work ethic, high motivation, and keen ambition
- Embody and practice leadership, communication, and accountability
- Provide mentoring for Junior Climbers and Groundworkers
- Be unequivocally available for emergency storm response; be available for 4 weekends of work per year
- Be able to conduct a pre-work risk assessment and safety tailgates on the provided tablet on every job.
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback from co-workers and management.
- Perform excellent worksite cleanup at every property.
- Read HTC inc company Policies & Procedures Manual and agree to uphold it.
- G license with a clean abstract and experience driving large vehicles.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- Firmly adhere to our company code of ethics.
We are an Equal opportunities company, and everyone has a voice!
*** To apply for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
- Easy commute. Our yard is in the heart of Parkdale –Perfect for the downtown dweller.
- We work four big days a week with an optional fifth
- An optional Mid-season week off and occasional longer weekends are encouraged.
- Excellent pay rate with regular raises based on performance
- Paid holiday & Vacation pay
- Health and Dental Benefits
- We provide in-house Aerial rescue Training and help subsidize external courses that help you improve as an Arborist (ISA, TCIA, OCAA, ArborCanada, IHSA, etc.)