Home | Job Postings
Position: Senior Climber
Company: Tree Doctors Incorporated
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Tree Doctors, Inc., is a tree-care company located in Toronto, Ontario. We perform a wide range of tree services, including tree removal, tree planting, tree trimming, stump grinding, tree fertilization, and consulting in the greater Toronto area. All of our teams are highly trained, experienced and able to solve any tree care problems swiftly and professionally. http://treedoctors.ca
Please e-mail resume/cover letter to: email@example.com
subject: Senior Climber
- The CL3 – Crew leader role requires a highly skilled professional in the practice of management and safe maintenance of trees in a wide variety of conditions (hazard, damaged, dead or trees in high-value target zones) with excellent ability to assess and manage risks associated with these trees during prunes and removals.
- CL3 – Crew leader must carry out all aspects of tree care operations to current industry standards in accordance with the needs of the particular tree species and their associated environment (ISA compliant) at all times.
- CL3 – Crew leader is responsible for organizing, supervising & leading the daily activities of the crew.
- CL3 – Crew leader will ensure that the work quality and the job site clean-up meets the standards of Tree Doctors.
- CL3 – Crew leaders know all Tree Doctors company safety regulations, policy, and procedures and teaches them to all crew members and insists on 100% compliance at all times including proper PPE is being worn at all times.
- CL3 – Crew leader has the ability to maintain discipline and a stable work environment where all company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- CL3 – Crew Leader will be the main liaison between Tree Doctors and the customer and will deal with the customer regarding on-site requirements.
- CL3 – crew leader must be able to perform all work assigned to meet customer and company requirements in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Must be able to perform proper techniques for all types of trees and shrubs as well as large and small tree removals, hazardous tree removals and storm breaks.
- Assist with the training of less qualified climbers as instructed.
- Co-ordinates crew’s makeup, equipment, tools, and supplies in such a way as to complete all jobs efficiently, accurately and profitably.
- Keeps the General Manager or Production/Operations Manager informed of all changes in the status of crew members or equipment.
- The CL3 climber completes work efficiently with excellent time management & problem-solving skills.
- The CL3 climber must be capable of “on the job problem solving”
- Must be able to accept responsibility and delegate work as required.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and orders.
- Has the ability to undertake physically demanding work both on the ground and at the height within the crown of a tree or from aerial lift devices or bucket trucks.
- Has the ability to study and determine the most efficient and safe way to handle each job, taking into account such factors as location, season, crew availability, equipment, and materials.
- Keeps “non-productive time” to a minimum.
- Ability to use, maintain and provide direction in the proper use of equipment and machinery such as chainsaws, wood chippers and stump grinding equipment in a safe and competent manner at all times.
- Is accountable for all tools, equipment, safety devices, materials and supplies and ensure everything is returned back to the office/yard at the end of each day in good working order, bringing to the
- the attention of the operations/equipment manager's attention if anything has been misplaced or broken –including issues with vehicles.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and precise manner with colleagues and members of the public
- Ability to work within and contribute positively to the overall company team including production, office, and management at all times.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and decisive manner with all internal and external customers alike.
- Ability to maintain accurate records, manage and undertake tail-board meetings at every customer site.
- CL3 – Crew leader is required to perform a supervisory role, strong ability to take directives and assign directives appropriately
- CL3 – Crew leader is required to work in tandem with sales estimators, management, office employees and all other production staff as required
Please e-mail resume/cover letter to:
subject: Senior Climber
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Oct 31 2019