Volunteer: Innovation Storyteller
Startup: CaribFarm - Farmer.Community | About
Location: remote, anywhere in Canada
Help Us - Help Farmers!
- For Farmers, by Farmers.
The challenges faced by small-scale farmers around the world are numerous. That’s why we’ve developed Farmer.Community. To connect farmers with one another and our knowledge partners — top agriculture experts in the field. Farmers can ask and answer questions, create collaborations and build community. Our safe community network will serve as the go-to virtual meeting place for small-scale farmers.
About the job
Role: Volunteer – Innovation Storyteller
Fully remote role.
Minimum commitment of 5-7 hours weekly
Here is our wish list.
- Understanding of story fundamentals (effective character, trajectory, hook, authenticity/details and calls-to-action)
- Keen sense of newsworthiness (what makes a story interesting from the audience’s perspective)
- Stellar writing skills; understanding of news writing techniques
- Interviewing skills; how to ask effective questions and develop rapport/trust with story subjects
- Storyboarding experience; understanding the effectiveness and appropriateness of story assets (text, images, audio, video) and how to combine them
- Visual, audio and video content creation experience; well-developed eye/ear for best practices in each
- Working knowledge of equipment (DSLR camera, video, audio recorder, microphones)
- Comfort and experience using editing software (image, audio and video, post production)
- Ability to design and maintain a story bank (using database or other software/hardware solutions)
- Expertise with online platforms: content management systems for web, e-newsletter services, and social media
- Experience using web analytics and social media monitoring/measurement tools
- A deep understanding of our overall vision, tactics, fundraising, communications and development objectives
- Ability to incorporate and balance objectives of all teams to oversee production of strategic, compelling stories
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to coordinate and oversee the story collection, production and distribution process
- Experience in creating strategic communications plans (from research through measurement/evaluation) and in designing specific content strategies to meet organizational objectives
- Experience crafting editorial calendars and in re-purposing stories across platforms
What you can share with us:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a strategic communications role supporting business development initiatives in a Startup or SME.
- Bachelor's Degree: English Literature, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or other relevant degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- Superior writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, manage multiple priorities and juggle schedules.
- Understanding of story structure, history of storytelling and use of storytelling across cultures.
- Proven success as communications leader, writer and editor.
- Familiarity with digital media channels; LinkedIn, Facebook, Blogging, Instagram.
- Proven track record of a creative mindset.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Interactive Storytelling | Story Pitching | Writing | Community Engagement | Leadership Communication | Strategic Communications |Interviewing Subject Matter Experts | Editorial Process | Content Development | Presentation Development
- Experience – 3-5 years
- Start date – November, 2023
- Duration – 6 - 12 months
If interested please contact Laura:
subject: Innovation Storyteller
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
Look forward to hearing from you — thanks.