Home | Job Postings | Conservation Jobs
HAMILTON NATURE, PLANTS & WILDLIFE
Position: Communications Director
Organization: Hamilton Naturalist's Club
Location: Hamilton Area, Ontario
Reporting to: Members and Board of Directors
Term: Five-year appointment
The Hamilton Naturalists’ Club is a non-profit organization with over 600 members dedicated to the study, appreciation and conservation of our wild plants and animals.
Our goals are:
- to promote the enjoyment of nature through environmental appreciation and conservation
- to foster public interest and education in the appreciation and study of nature
- to encourage the conservation of natural resources and environmental protection
Communications Director (volunteer position)
The Communications Director oversees all marketing and public relations, including:
- Market and promote events to members and the public through email, social media, HNC website, and event listing sites (like Hamilton Spectator)
- Create and maintain relationships with HNC stakeholders, including members, media, government, and the public
- Produce monthly e-newsletter (solicit material, source photos, design layout, and publish via Mailchimp)
- Manage account and respond to inquiries for info@..
- Manage and maintain social media presence, including content creation
- Design marketing materials such as web ads, flyers, social media graphics
- Hamiltonnature.org: work with web coordinator to analyze web analytics, post content, and optimize content
- Design and send email blasts
- Formulate and execute marketing and PR strategies and campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in marketing or public relations
- Familiarity with Wordpress, graphics editing software (e.g. Photoshop), publishing software (e.g. InDesign), Mailchimp, Google Analytics,
- Excellent organizational skills, including managing timelines for multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of search engine optimization and web analytics
- Experience working with a nonprofit or charity is an asset
- HNC membership required (current member or willingness to become a member)
- Ability to arrange personal transport to and from meeting locations
- Five-year appointment
- 10+ hours a week
- Attend monthly board meetings, September through June (approximately 2 hours each)
- Attend AGM in October (1 hour)
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jun 5 2022